If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident…now what? You aren’t always thinking clearly at the time, but it is important to contact a Hudson Valley personal injury lawyer immediately.
You likely have a lot of questions that may be keeping you up at night (you can access our FAQ’s here). An accident can have lasting effects on your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. This is not a situation that you should take lightly, or go through alone. You don’t have to.
At Stenger, Glass, Hagstrom, Lindars & Iuele LLP we protect the rights of personal injury victims throughout the Hudson Valley. We will help you to get the medical care you need and the financial compensation you deserve. With a team of experts, we will be there for you throughout the entire process.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
Each accident has different characteristics and requires specific experience. No matter the accident, it is crucial that you record as many details as possible. The more information you have, the better your chances of getting the full amount of compensation for your injuries and damages. You are entitled to financial justice; we can make sure that you get it.
Even if you think that you were partially at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The state of New York is a comparative negligence state, which means that the amount of money you receive for your damages is determined by your percentage of fault.
You want to act quickly after your accident, no matter what kind of accident it may be. If you have been involved in a crash, our personal injury attorneys will respond immediately, taking pictures of the scene, investigating evidence, and interviewing witnesses. Keep in mind that you have a limited window of time where you can sue a private citizen or a company for a personal injury in the state of New York. Contact us today if you have been involved in any of the following accidents:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are traumatizing. It is not always easy to see the repercussions from a car accident; if it was a minor crash, it may seem that you escaped without any grave injuries. No matter the severity of the wreck, do not underestimate the effect that a car accident can have on your life; seek legal help immediately.
- Truck and bus accidents: If you are involved in an accident that involved a truck or bus, you have most likely sustained significant injuries, not to mention significant trauma and damages to your property. No one can understand the sheer terror of colliding with such a massive vehicle; it is an experience you will not soon forget. You deserve financial justice for your physical suffering as well as your emotional suffering and financial losses—past, present, and future. Trucks and buses follow a different set of rules regarding safety and insurance coverage. In these types of cases, you are up against commercial drivers, which means you are up against their companies; you want a lawyer who understands the specifics of these cases in order to get full compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists have the same rights on the road as all other cars and trucks, but with less protection they are susceptible to more serious injuries. Your damages are most likely quite serious; don’t just sit back and settle for less than you deserve.
- Medical malpractice: You can expect a certain level of care from your doctor and other healthcare professionals. If their negligence has led to a personal injury, it is imperative that you protect your rights as a patient. You may be up against a big-time corporation; this can be a very intimidating experience, on top of all the other emotions you are feeling. With the help of a Wappingers Falls personal injury attorney, you can stand up against these medical giants with confidence and strength.
- Slip and fall accidents: Property owners, both businesses and individuals, have a responsibility to maintain a safe environment. Regardless of the scale of the slip and fall, it is important that you contact a personal injury attorney if you were in an accident due to a property owner’s negligence.
- Construction accidents: If you were injured in a construction accident, you may be entitled to compensation above and beyond workers’ compensation benefits. On a construction site, there may be many different employers and therefore, many liable parties. Our Poughkeepsie construction accident attorneys have handled these types of cases before and are familiar with the standards of care for these particular occupations.
- Wrongful death: A wrongful death is painful, and those who are left behind are often angry; after all, it could have been prevented if it hadn’t been for someone else’s negligence. If you have lost a loved one in a car wreck or as the result of a failure to diagnose, we can help you protect your family’s future.
At Stenger, Glass, Hagstrom, Lindars & Iuele LLP, we have successfully represented countless clients through these personal injury claims and many more. Call us today to find out how we can help you.
Are You Suffering from One of These Common Injuries?
As one of the largest firms in Dutchess County, the fact that we have more lawyers and more resources allows us to handle the most complex personal injury cases. Accidents can cause major physical problems that can affect your ability to function from day to day. We have protected the rights of individuals who have suffered all types of personal injuries, including:
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Paralysis: quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Burn injuries
- Bone fractures and broken bones
Physical pain and suffering are not the only effects of an accident. You may be suffering from a lot of emotional distress as well, which can be equally as debilitating. You do not need to suffer alone; you may be entitled to financial compensation for your physical pain and suffering, emotional suffering, lost wages, and medical bills, as well as future medical costs and loss of earnings.